Special Invitation to the Duke Start-Up Challenge Reception
A reception for the friends of the Duke Start-Up Challenge; our supporters, judges, sponsors, student organizers, and student competitors from this year.
This year we had a record 109 student teams participate in the Duke Start-Up Challenge as well as a sharp increase in campus activity in the area of entrepreneurship. Celebrate the great year we've had and meet some of the up and coming student entrepreneurs at Duke.
- Friday, April 16th, 6pm-7:30pm (Grand Finale follows from 7:30pm-8:50pm)
- Faculty Hall, Fuqua School of Business. Limited Parking is available in the Science Drive Visitor Lot
- Remarks by Kimberly Jenkins, Duke Board of Trustees
- RSVP Here
After the reception, we invite you to stay for the Grand Finale of the Duke Start-Up Challenge with Aaron Patzer '02, Founder and CEO of Mint.com
- Hear the great story of Aaron Patzer, who recently sold his company to Intuit for $170 million
- The $25,000 Grand Prize winner of the Duke Start-Up Challenge will be revealed
- And you'll have the opportunity to hear the 14 Finalists and Runner-ups give 1-minute elevator pitches, and you can vote for your favorite.
About the 10th Annual Duke Start-Up Challenge
The Duke Start-Up Challenge entrepreneurship competition runs throughout the academic year, from November to April. The competition includes an Elevator Pitch Competition in November, an Executive Summary Competition in January, and a live Finals Event in April, with multiple teams winning cash and prizes throughout the competition for the best submissions. The prizes are awarded to overall best plan/presentation and best submission in each of several categories (e.g. Energy & Environment, Healthcare & Life Sciences, Products & Services, and Social Entrepreneurship). Additionally, teams are provided with feedback from knowledgeable judges along the way to help with further development of the business concept into the next part of the Duke Start-Up Challenge and beyond. Founded in 1999 by an ambitious group of Duke students, the competition is now celebrating its 10th year of operation. More information at www.dukestartupchallenge.org
and follow @dukestartupchal