This Friday, November 12, 2010, join us for the Elevator Pitch Finals!
Part of the 11th Annual Duke Start-Up Challenge
Throughout the week, dozens of Duke student teams will compete to make it in the 5th Annual Elevator Pitch Competition, in eight different tracks. The winners from each track will advance to the big finale, the Finals:
Join us for the Elevator Pitch Finals with special guest speaker David Thacker '97, of Greylock Partners, one of the top venture capital firms in the world. Investors in Facebook, LinkedIn, Pandora, etc...
- Friday, Nov 12 @ Fuqua, Geneen Auditorium, 5:30pm Networking Event, 7:30pm Finals
- $5000 for the Judge's Choice prize
- $1500 for the Audience Choice prize, selected that night via text-messaging
- The judges for the event are:
- David Thacker '97, Greylock Partners
- Tom McMurray '76, '78, '80, founder and president of Marine Ventures Foundation (MVF), formerly a general partner at Sequoia Capital
- Christy Shaffer, entrepreneur, biotech executive, and former CEO of Inspire Pharmaceuticals
- Peter Heffring, CEO of Expion
- Open and free for the Duke community (students, alumni, faculty, staff, parents, and invited guests)
- Free vuvuzelas for all in attendance
- Free food and drink (Positive ID required)
- A new Apple TV will be raffled off!
- Afterparty hosted by A Small Orange (thanks to Douglas Hanna '13) in the mallway outside of Geneen Auditorium
- 11/3 Women-led Startups Track - Lilly Classroom, Fuqua - Read the summary
- 11/3 Social Enterprises Track - Leaman Classroom, Fuqua - Read the summary
- 11/4 Undergrad-led Startups Track (two tracks) - Von Canon Rooms, Bryan Center - Read the summary