Join us for the Investor Pitch Finals with Melissa Bernstein '87
Part of the Duke Start-Up Challenge
Thursday, March 31st, 7pm @ Fuqua's McClendon Auditorium
From the original 110 teams, the top seven teams will be invited to pitch at the Investor Pitch Finals. Join us at the event to watch the teams give their final investor presentations and compete for the $50,000 Grand Prize.
And Melissa Bernstein '87, Co-founder/Co-Owner of Melissa & Doug will be our keynote speaker for the night. Get to know Melissa a little bit by reading our interview
In addition, the judges will provide live feedback after the event, to help educate students on the thought processes of experienced business executives.
This will be a rare and exciting event that will educate and inspire aspiring student entrepreneurs. Don't miss this event!
Special guest judges include:
The finalists are:
- A Group Mobile Social Service for China
- Team Lead: Stephanie Chang, Pratt '11, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accion Emprendedora USA
- Accion emprendedora will offer business management education, training and coaching for Hispanic entrepreneurs in North Carolina to help them overcome the barriers they have for growth and economic development.
- Team Lead: Ignacio Torres, Sanford '11, email@example.com
- Reducing hospital acquired infections (HAIs) through increased hand hygiene compliance.
- Team Lead: Jessica Liu, Pratt '11, firstname.lastname@example.org
- HyTower Energy Storage
- The HyTower pumped-hydro system builds on proven technology to deliver safe, reliable energy storage at higher efficiency and lower cost than competing technologies into a growing $1.5B annual market.
- Team Lead: Matt Kaufmann, Fuqua '11, email@example.com
- Medici Medical Technologies
- Medici develops innovative devices to restore control to women suffering from urinary incontinence (UI). 28M Americans suffer from UI and most see little improvement in their conditions, despite $20B spent annually on this problem.
- Team Lead: Jeff Kovick, Fuqua '11, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The best way to buy and sell books among college students.
- Team Lead: Tito Bohrt, Trinity '13, email@example.com
- Sidewalk is a tool for local businesses to increase customer traffic. Sidewalk makes it incredibly simple for local merchants to publish time-sensitive deals.
- Team Lead: Rhianon DeLeeuw, Fuqua '11, firstname.lastname@example.org
Food and drink will be available starting at 6pm
The event will start at 7pm.
All Duke students, post-docs, staff, alumni and faculty are welcome to attend.